Water Heater Installation
Water Heater Installation in Palm Springs & the Surrounding AreaWhen was the last time you looked at your water heater? Even though this appliance is the second-largest energy user in your home, it’s often a case of “out of sight, out of mind.” If you want to cut your water heating bills, you have three choices—use less hot water, help your current water heater work more efficiently, or install a new unit. At General Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we can help you enjoy superior water heater performance by replacing it with a high-end model. If you’re looking for water heater installation or replacement in the Palm Springs area, please contact the General and arrange the services you need today.
Water Heater InstallationAre you building a new home in Palm Springs? Perhaps you’re looking to upgrade from a tank water heater to a tankless model. No matter the reason you need a water heater installation, we’ll make sure the process goes smoothly. Here are the steps we take:
- Choose a fuel source: Electricity and natural gas are the most common fuels, but other options include propane, oil, geothermal energy, and solar power.
- Pick a style: A traditional storage water heater may be best, but to enhance efficiency and energy savings, consider going tankless. Our team can help you weigh the pros and cons, so you make the right choice for your family.
- Size your water heater: Proper sizing is important to ensure you have enough hot water when you need it, but you don’t pay more than necessary on your water heating bills.
- Consider the efficiency rating: High-performance water heaters often require a greater upfront investment, but the resulting energy savings could be worth it.
- Perform the installation: Installing a water heater is not a do-it-yourself job. To ensure optimal safety and energy efficiency, leave the task to our technicians.
Water Heater ReplacementUnless your water heater fails catastrophically, it can be difficult to tell when you should replace it. Here are some signs that it’s time to start comparing your replacement options:
- Old age: With proper maintenance, a traditional storage water heater lasts about 10 years, while tankless models last up to 20 years. Once your water heater reaches the end of its predicted life span, consider replacing it before it fails completely.
- Poor water quality: Be wary of rust-colored, metallic-tasting water coming from the tap. If only the hot water seems to be affected, your water heater could be to blame.
- Water heater problems: Cold showers are no fun, even in the desert heat. If you run out of hot water, notice strange noises coming from the appliance, or see puddles around the tank, these are signs that a replacement may be on the horizon.
- Ongoing repairs: Have you already paid to fix your ailing water heater more than once this year? Stop throwing good money at bad, and consider replacing it the next time it breaks down.
Schedule Water Heater Installation or Replacement in the Palm Springs AreaIf your water heater is failing, don’t put off replacing it any longer! Start saving on your water heating bills with help from the General. Our experience with installing and replacing water heaters dates back to 1984. We are pleased to offer competitive pricing and highly rated results. Rest assured that our team is fully licensed and insured, with a 100% drug-free work atmosphere and your satisfaction guaranteed. Contact us today to request water heater replacement or installation in Palm Springs and the surrounding area.
Water Heater Installation FAQ
How can I tell if I need new water heater installation?You may need to have a new water heater installed if your water heater is aging (10-15 years in service), leaking, not providing enough hot water, or otherwise compromising your home comfort. Annual professional maintenance is the best way to keep your water heater in great shape long-term.
If a pipe on the side of my water heater is leaking, do I need water heater replacement?This is likely the temperature relief valve, which is a safety feature that relieves pressure to prevent overheating. An occasional drop of water on this pipe is generally no problem, but if leaks are frequent or continuous, you may require water heater repairs.
It takes a long time to get hot water at my sink or shower. Does this mean I need water heater replacement?Delayed arrival of hot water at a faucet may not be a water heater problem. It’s typically caused by the plumbing system configuration in your home, with long “runs” of pipe extending between your hot water heater and far-flung bathrooms, for example. We can inspect your plumbing system and suggest a solution, or install an additional water heater to serve that area of your house.
Why can’t I hire a handyman to install my water heater?Water heater installation is dangerous if you’re not licensed and experienced. If not properly handled, natural gas, electricity, and water lines can damage your home or family. Water heaters must be installed at the proper distance from the wall and correctly vented outdoors for safety. Improper water heater installations will fail inspection, and can lead to deathly carbon monoxide leaks or fires, and flooding/property damage.
What is the cost for hot water heater installation in this area?The costs for installing a new water heater vary, because each situation is unique. Installation costs are based upon complexity, including the specific area in the house where the water heater will be located, the type of water heater you currently have, and which type we’ll be replacing it with. We may need to make changes in existing plumbing or gas lines to bring the new installation up to current building codes and to ensure safe operation. Our upfront price quotes are always reasonable. Let our experts help you choose the best new water heater for your Palm Desert home. Contact The General online or call 760-343-7488 today!
Here’s What Our Customers are Saying About Us
Here’s What Our Customers are Saying About Us
Why You Should Choose the General
Our core values are passion, integrity, teamwork, and accountability, and we strive to always exceed our customers’ expectations. Our customers are our number one priority every day at General Air Conditioning & Plumbing.